At Year 11 students take part in 'Bridge' lessons - a year long programme focused on developing employability skills, and preparing students for the next steps after they leave the Centre, once they have successfully completed their exams. The programme is facilitated by experienced members of staff, along with working with a wide variety of external businesses such as Barclay Bank, and educational institutions such as the University of Hertfordshire.
During the programme students will complete the following:
- Learn how to manage their own finance and budget.
- Open a bank account ready for employment.
- Have an up-to-date and professional CV.
- Visit the University of Hertfordshire.
- Develop a range of softer skills including resilience, perseverance, interpersonal skills, body language.
- Undertake virtual work experience with Barclays Bank to supplement Work Experience placement.
- Work with the local football club (Stevenage Borough Football Club) to develop leadership skills.
- Complete mock interviews with employers from industry to be prepared for employment.
- Support for students on preparing college applications and being ready for interviews.
- Complete Princes Trust modules in areas such as customer service, self-management to ensure completion of this award.